Monday, November 28, 2011

Tholian Web Diorama (Planning Stage)

I like tangerines. Probably you do, too. They're sweet and delicious.

But one thing you may never have noticed about them is that the plastic mesh on one of those little crates of tangerines looks exactly like the Tholian Web! The spacing in the mesh is about a quarter inch, which makes it about right for those game-scale Star Trek ships (1/3788 scale).

Here are some glimpses of the mesh, along with my handpainted NCC-1701. As you can see, the idea was pretty much unavoidable.













So I started drawing up plans for the diorama. Here's what I've got so far.

I took a couple of extra beauty shots of this miniature, which are posted over at my other blog.[Link disabled for now.]

Check back soon for more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment